Okay, so I tried to make a head lei for Lah-Lah to complete her costume… it was a cute idea, but surely enough, she wasted no time, it ended up in her mouth! This is what I came up with, a simple hibiscus headband. I suggest to prepare and create a headband at least 2 to 3 days prior to Halloween Day:
Materials you will need will need:
- Hibiscus flowers from EOOUT 96pcs Hawaiian Party Decorations – 48Pcs Tropical Artificial Palm Leaves（3 Sizes） 48Pcs Hawaiian Luau Flowers 48Pcs Double Sided Dots Glue (the same package you used to make the skirt)
- Habibee Elastic Fold Over Baby Girl Headbands Stretchy Hair Bands DIY Accessories for Flower Or Bows Headband 21 Pcs. I used a dark green headband for this project.
- Hot glue gun
- Elmers glue stick to help with wrinkles on flowers
To begin this project, choose any flower you like. It may be a little wrinkled due to it being smashed as it traveled from its home, Amazon warehouse XYZ, somewhere on this plant, all the way to your front door!
- I straightened out flower petals using a handheld steamer. If you use this tool, BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL, IT WAS SUPER HOT! Set it aside, let it dry. A safer and painless alternative would be to place heavy items such as flat pebbles or unopened baby food jars for a couple of days.
2. Using a hot glue gun, attach flower to headband.
3. If the flower petals are still wrinkled after being attached on the headband, apply Elmer’s glue using a toothpick, and then press down firmly against the leaf.
Give it a go, try it out! Post your headband creation, I would love to see it!
This is what it looks like completed.